Innovative interactive solutions for higher education, publishing, not-for-profit, and healthcare
Success by the Numbers
Over 300 successful launches = unparalleled experience and expertise
First responsive top-tier business school site
Dynamically driven by powerful metadata
Partial Client List
- Boston University
- Bryn Mawr College
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Cornell University Johnson School of Management
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard Business School
- Harvard University
- New York University Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Roger Williams University School of Law
- Tufts University
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of North Carolina Kegan-Flagler Business School
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Yale School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Partial Client List
- Bloomsbury Publishing
- Cengage Learning
- Columbia University Press
- De Gruyter
- Edward Elgar Publishing
- Harvard Business Publishing
- Harvard University Press
- Houghton Mifflin
- McGraw Hill
- MIT Technology Review
- Oxford University Press
- Rosen Publishing
- SAGE Publications
- Sky Publishing
- Simon and Schuster
- Vista Higher Learning
- World Bank
Top 700 trafficked site
Made mobile responsive in 12 weeks—with zero downtime
Partial Client List
- AGFA Monotype
- Harmonix Music Systems
- Hong Kong Tourist Association
- Mulberry Childcare
- Online Resolution
- Yankee Gas
Partial Client List
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of RI
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention
- MGH Institute of Health Professions
- MIT Medical
- Mosby Healthcare
- National Institutes of Health
- Phase Forward
- Schwarz Pharma
- Tufts Health Plan
- Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
Geo Science World
Geo spatial search/browse
iFactory’s delivery of our new site design allowed our website to grow from a stale, outdated catalog of information, to a fresh, rich, content-driven site due to carefully planned information design and new interactive features; all in a matter of months.
– Brian Flynn, Webmaster, Wheelock College
iFactory brought professionalism and guidance to a web development process that can be daunting – even overwhelming. They were responsive to our requests, patient with inquiries and supportive in our decision-making.
– Kevin B. Tynan, Executive Director for Marketing & Communications, University of Illinois at Chicago
iFactory had been recommended to us by someone from another school. When they came down and presented their proposal we were all just blown away. They clearly knew what they were doing and already seemed to have a sense of what we were looking to achieve.
– Matt Gray, Media Relations Manager, Bryn Mawr College
We are delighted to have worked with iFactory in developing Oxford Dictionaries Online. This was a large custom-built project with complex data needs, and iFactory excelled in building an enticing and intuitive interface with underlying data sophistication and robust technology.
– Judy Pearsall, Head of Dictionaries, Oxford University Press
We are very excited by what iFactory has achieved with the Berg Fashion Library. They have not only successfully implemented our vision, but they have worked with us as true partners to make it so much more than we imagined.
– Kathryn Earle, Managing Director, Berg Publishers
The outstanding design and features that iFactory created gives visitors a real sense of Darden, and illustrates that we are a world-class business school.
– Maureen Wellen, Darden Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives and Website Project Manager
We are very proud of the site and feel that the work [iFactory] did captures us, the cutting-edge technology, and the diversity of people and projects at the Institute.
– Mary Tolikas, Director of Operations, the Wyss Institute
We’re looking for more people like us—who don’t fit neatly into one job description
Project Manager / Producer
US: We run a tight production environment filled with people who like to multitask and who live to get things done. We look for opportunities to innovate and focus on satisfying our clients. The right kind of ego is important. The ability to collaborate and to respect the team and client(s) is even more important. You have to be articulate, worship the web, have a sense of humor and love what you do.
YOU: iFactory seeks senior Project Manager/Producer for web based solutions, leading engineers, designers and HTML production personnel on standard marketing web sites, data management solutions and XML based publishing applications.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrable web project management experience
- Strong requirements gathering and pricing capabilities
- Experience with leading development management processes
- Budget and schedule management experience
- The ability to define multi-track project plans
- Strong knowledge of stress, regression, functional testing, documentation and QA standards
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. iFactory/RDW Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information Architect / User Experience Designer
If you have a passion for information architecture, and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty creating interactive prototypes or conducting usability tests, we want to meet you.
At iFactory, you will join a team of talented experts in web design, development and project management. You will work on projects for clients across a variety of industries including publishing, higher education, non-profit and healthcare.
- Work collaboratively to translate business requirements, user goals and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
- Observe, conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews and surveys.
- Perform heuristic evaluation and task analysis.
- Create and refine content inventories, user scenarios, personas, site maps, wireframes and other specifications.
- Develop interactive prototypes.
- Prepare and conduct usability tests.
- Present findings and recommendations from user research and usability tests.
- Work effectively with project managers to meet expectations on time and on budget.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software for diagramming and prototyping, such as Axure and InDesign.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Experience with Mobile UX.
- Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
- Comfortable presenting concepts and deliverables to clients.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated.
- Understanding of W3C and 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Experience working on publishing, higher education or healthcare projects.
- Ability to hand-code interactive prototypes using HTML, CSS, PHP, AJAX, or any other fashionable acronyms.
Experience and Education
- 3+ years’ experience as an information architect (IA), user experience designer (UXD) or interaction designer (IxD) preferably in an interactive agency environment.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Digital Media, Communication Design or related field.
- Demonstrable past experience developing site maps, wireframes and other information architecture deliverables.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. You must include a link to an online portfolio to be considered. We are only considering local candidates who are available to work on-site. iFactory/RDW Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
87 Summer Street, Floor 4
Boston, MA 02110