User Experience Designer (Freelance)
Do you have a passion for great UX in websites and apps? Do you love studying and interacting with users? Then we want to meet you.
iFactory is a team of talented designers, strategists, and developers working on projects in higher education, non-profit, publishing, healthcare, and startups.
- We have spent more than 20 years designing great experiences for happy clients.
- We work collaboratively – regular brainstorms and feedback makes our work stronger.
- We have a culture focused on helping each other grow and having fun doing it.
What you will do
- Work collaboratively to translate business problems, user goals, and creative strategy into engaging experiences that people love to use.
- Gather and analyze user research from focus groups, interviews, and surveys.
- Write user scenarios and personas to capture the desires, needs, and concerns of real people.
- Design experiences via wireframes, sitemaps, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Make interactive prototypes and run user tests.
- Translate design decisions into detailed specifications for developers
What you should have
- Strong UX portfolio.
- Proficiency with modern design tools, such as Axure, Sketch, and InVision.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically, with attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas based on sound rationale, and facilitate discussions with clients.
- Experience with mobile UX.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Motivation and passion for your craft.
Nice to have
- Experience working on interfaces containing a lot of information or data
- Graphic and UI design sensibility
- Understanding of WCAG and Section 508 accessibility guidelines
- One or more prior positions as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or information architect, preferably at a creative agency. (Internships qualify.)